The following statement discloses the privacy practices for the Fistula Foundation website, and for all donations collected both online and offline. Questions regarding this statement should be directed to email@example.com.
The Information We Collect Directly from You
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you interact with us as a donor, send us an email, fill out a form, respond to a survey, register for an event, or otherwise communicate with us. The personal information that we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- E-mail addresses
- Phone numbers
- Employment information
- Giving information and giving capacity
- Educational, medical training and certification information
If you voluntarily provide us with your information online, such as when you make a contribution, complete a survey, or send us an email, we may gather personal information through that communication. On certain pages on our site, such as our contribution page or an information request form, you may be asked to provide information such demographics, credit card, and other information. We do not gather this information on our site or our affiliated giving sites without your permission. We can obtain your permission to gather before, during or after our site or affiliated giving sites collects your information. Permission may be granted to us in the donations you make to us or in other forms that you complete online or offline. If you wish to make a donation in honor of or memory of someone, we promise not to use the information you give us about that individual for any other purpose.
The Information We Collect Directly from Third Parties
We may gather information about you that is available to the public from other websites or sources such as LinkedIn and Facebook.
We may also gather information about you by providing names, addresses, and/or phone numbers that are gathered through the website or from other sources to third party vendors for the purpose of obtaining information relevant to the mission of the Foundation.
The Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use the Services, we may automatically collect certain information about you, including:
- Log Data. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, device identifier, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, and other usage data. We may combine this automatically-collected log information with other information we collect about you. We use log data to monitor use of our sites and services, for security purposes and for technical administration.
- Device Information. We may collect information about the device you use to access our website or mobile applications, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. We and our service providers may use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to, among other things, improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are clear, electronic images that may be used on our Services or in our emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine if an email has been opened and acted upon. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also delete cookie files from your hard drive, or avoid them altogether, by configuring your browser to reject them or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your hard drive. Not all features of the Services will function as intended if you reject cookies. You can find out more about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use the following cookies on our site:
- Google Analytics provide us the following information about each website visitor: pages viewed, location (country and city), search terms used, referral information (i.e., did the visitor come from another site, a search, or a link) and technology used (device, browser, and operating system)
- ShareThis cookies to facilitate your sharing of our content through your social media accounts, when you choose to do so
- Internal navigation and location settings: which pages have been viewed, the sequence of pages viewed, your geographical location and default currency, and site performance
Photos or video taken at our events may be used in publications such as brochures, newsletters, magazines, and video presentations. Such photos or videos may also be used electronically in online publications, our websites, e-mails, social networking sites such as Facebook or Twitter, or in other electronic forms of media. If you are pictured and would like us to discontinue using the photo, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Other Sites
Our website contains links to may contain links to affiliated vendor sites, such as e-mail services, online donor pages, and events registration pages. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by those other sites. A link to another website does not constitute an endorsement of that site or any of the content or information provided by that site. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site and to read the privacy policies of each website that collects personal information.
Our web servers use log files which include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks in order to analyze trends, administer the site, collect broad demographic information for aggregate use. The Foundation utilizes a third party vendor, Google Analytics, to assist in collecting and analyzing such data. For more information about how Google collects and processes data when you visit websites or use apps that use Google technologies, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
Statistics from email are collected and analyzed on both an individual and an aggregate basis. We use these statistics to better provide services to the public.
We may also use and disclose to third parties aggregated information and statistics regarding donations and contributions to the Foundation. No individual personal information is included.
Donations and Event Registrations
Online donations and event registrations are processed by affiliated vendors, including Authorize.net. Credit card and other information you provide when making an online donation is provided directly to the third-party vendor for the purpose of processing and recording gifts. All credit card information is encrypted at the time of processing and not stored for further use.
How We Use and Disclose Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to further the mission of the Foundation, which is to treat obstetric fistula.
We do not sell online information that is collected from our donors and friends. We sometimes share information with third-party vendors and service providers or with other organizations that may occasionally be commercial in nature if we determine there is a benefit to our donors and friends.
We may disclose your information to third party representatives with whom we contract to update our files and to Foundation affiliated organizations in support of the Foundation’s goals and objectives. We may use any information you disclose to us or in online applications to process your donations or to call, mail and market information about the Foundation to you. We may also publicize your name and your category of support in our honor roll of donors, annual report and/or other donor recognition publications, which are publicly available, unless you specifically ask to remain anonymous.
We can obtain your permission to disclose before, during or after our site collects your user information. Permission may be granted to us in the donations you make to us or in other forms that you complete online or offline.
The Foundation provides information to third-party vendors for updating and marketing purposes as described in this policy. Except in support of Foundation affiliated programs, the Foundation does not sell, trade, rent or otherwise provide any of your information to other organizations. Also, although unlikely, the Foundation may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide information to the appropriate governmental authorities. In these cases, we will provide this information as and to the extent we have determined that the disclosure of any such information is appropriate.
The Foundation operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our databases, including the system administrations logs, are password protected. The information you provide is stored in a secure location and is used and disclosed only as set forth in this policy. User information is accessible only to designated staff who need the information to perform a specific function or task related to the Foundation’s mission, such as gift recording, assisting and communicating with donors, or providing donors with reports and receipts.
Our online giving page is a secure site, evidenced by the lock icon located on user browser pages. Our systems make it difficult for your information to be stolen or intercepted while it is being transferred over the Internet and while it is stored on our system. However, no encryption system can guarantee perfect security with the Internet.
Rights and Choices
Opt-Out. If you have do not wish to receive communications from us, you may unsubscribe at any time.
Correction. You have the right to access your personal information and to correct, amend, or delete such personal information if it is inaccurate. Requests for access, correction, amendment, or deletion should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you delete any account information, we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
“Do Not Track Requests.” Your Internet browser and mobile device may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites you visit. The Foundation respects your wishes and will not track user activity once “do not track” signals have been activated.
California Privacy. If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by the Foundation or its affiliates to a third party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com
The Foundation has updated its policies regarding the recording and use of personal information for individuals residing in the United Kingdom and the European Union, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
If our processing of your information is subject to the GDPR, you have the right to certain information and other rights under the GDPR. The information and rights are as follows:
We will process your personal data in order to provide the Services and in furtherance of the mission of the Foundation. The lawful bases for processing your data may include:
- When you have given consent.
- When processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- When processing is necessary to protect our legitimate interests or that of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights.
We may rely on more than one of the lawful bases for processing your information described above. If our processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw the consent at any time. Subject to your right to erase personal data, we will store your information for as long as necessary for us to provide the Services.
You have the right to be informed about your personal data and how it is being processed, to access, correct and erase personal data, to restrict further processing, to obtain and reuse your data for your own purposes across different services and to object to processing. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant EU supervisory authority.
If we transfer your information to a recipient in a country outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we will ensure that at least one of the following shall apply: (i) the transfers will be to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; (ii) we have used specific model contracts approved by the European Commission which are intended to give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; (iii) where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer information to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US; or (iv) any alternative transfer mechanism that can under GDPR lawfully support the transfer. Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you become aware that a child for which you are the parent or guardian has provided us with personal information without your consent, and we will remove their information from our files.
If you have provided us with any information during a prior visit to or use of the Foundation site, you may request that we give you access to such information by sending us an email. You have the right to review the information and make any corrections to it that are appropriate.
Editing, Deleting or Deactivating Personal Information
If your personal information changes (such as zip code, phone, email or postal address), or if at any point you’d like to be removed from our systems entirely, you may contact us directly by emailing us at email@example.com.
How to Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to Our Policy