Fistula Foundation is growing! Open positions are listed below.
Director of Philanthropy
Interested in volunteering? If you live in the San Jose, CA area, we occasionally have opportunities in our office for local volunteers. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our local volunteer e-mail list.
Director of Philanthropy
About Fistula Foundation:
An estimated one million women in Africa and Asia suffer from obstetric fistula, a debilitating childbirth injury that leaves a woman incontinent and, as a result, too often abandoned by her family and shunned by her community. Surgery is the only cure, which we deliver through partners in more than 20 countries including Ethiopia and Bangladesh, as well as through our innovative countrywide programs in Kenya and Zambia. By 2020, we’ll reach 8,000 women a year.
We are demonstrating to the world that a new mindset and approach to women’s health can change the trajectory of women’s life and drastically impact local communities.
We have the dynamism of a lean start-up team with the stability of a mature organization, including a $14M reserve. Our supporters love to share stories about how we’ve touched their lives, as seen in more than 600 stories on GreatNonprofits.org. We have 12 years of 4-star Charity Navigator ratings, along with a consistent “A” from Charity Watch. And we have earned the recognition of high-profile leaders including Pulitzer Prize winner Nicholas Kristof, Grammy winner Paul Simon, and internationally renowned ethicist Peter Singer.
We seek an outstanding fundraising leader to generate significant revenue from major donors to fuel our ambitious goals, including geographic and programmatic expansion initiatives from our strategic plan. The Director of Philanthropy will serve as an integral part of our talented, collaborative team and work closely with our Chief Executive Officer, Kate Grant. The Director of Philanthropy will develop and implement a multi-year, major donor strategy to fund key growth initiatives, thereby strengthening our international movement of dedicated supporters.
- Cultivate existing major donors and major donor prospects in pursuit of multi-year gifts to fuel our geographic and program expansion
- Source new major donor prospects to increase the fundraising pipeline
- Craft custom proposals and execute unique cultivation methods for major donor prospects
- Successfully solicit and steward gifts of $10,000 and above, including planned gifts
- Work closely with the Development Team to coordinate creative and persuasive donor communication materials
- Engage with program staff to incorporate partner success stories into fundraising solicitations and donor communication materials
- Conduct at least one regional fundraising trip per month, as well as international donor trips
- Regularly track and report on development metrics, including trends, wins, and challenges
- Respond to special requests from donors, including writing custom stewardship materials
- Develop collaborative relationships with corporations and potential partner organizations
Our ideal candidate brings enthusiasm for our mission and a strong track record of success in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting multi-year gifts of over $10K from individual donors. The new Director of Philanthropy will exhibit the following qualities:
- Sense of humor
- Humble self-confidence
Our team prioritizes initiative, productivity, and teamwork. We celebrate the successes of our team and our partners. We value creativity and passion for our mission, while encouraging our teammates to live healthy lives.
We offer a generous, comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, a 403b match, and a significant vacation plan that begins in Year 1. We offer a competitive salary with potential for performance-based bonuses and opportunities for advancement.
We are proud of our supportive office culture, including gym memberships, fruit delivery, and a dog-friendly environment.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to: Susannah Sallin, Search Consultant to Non-Profits, email@example.com. We will respond to all applicants. Thank you.