Our Team at the Foundation
We have an unofficial motto at the Foundation, that we are “lean but never mean.” Our organization is governed by a small Board of Directors comprised entirely of volunteers. We also have a small staff, in addition to several dedicated volunteers. With this small staff we manage partner relationships in many countries serving thousands of women.
We keep our staff small deliberately. We are very efficient. We can make decisions quickly and operate with minimal overhead. We strive to keep our costs of doing business low. Less money spent on staff means more money goes to help women waiting for fistula treatment. During the past ten consecutive years we are proud to have earned four-star ratings from Charity Navigator for our ability to “consistently execute our mission in a fiscally responsible way, outperforming most charities in America.” We have also earned an ‘A’ rating from Charity Watch, a charity rating organization that Newsweek has hailed as “the toughest of the bunch” and The New York Times has called the “pit bull of watchdogs.”
How can we help? If you would like to make a donation by phone or to get involved with our efforts, please know that when you call our office during work hours you’ll get one of our staff, not a maze of recorded messages. We can be reached Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm Pacific Time toll-free in the U.S. at (866) 756-3700 or +1 (408) 249-9596 from abroad. And we’re always reachable at email@example.com.
Our Core Values
Our core values are part of our DNA. Grateful, Productive, Teamwork and Initiative are integral to Fistula Foundation’s culture, and they also guide our approach to our partners in the field. Our entire team takes great pride in these values and recognizes their impact on our organization’s mission.
- Grateful to generous donors who enable everything we do
- Grateful to doctors, medical teams and outreach workers, who strive tirelessly to provide life-transforming care
- Grateful for the jobs that enable us to help transform women’s lives
- Takes pride in performance and initiates self-development
- Establishes and meets goals
- Takes ownership of quality and quantity of work
- Effectively builds relationships and networks
- Works well with others
- Solicits input and shares information with others
- Acts in the organization’s best interest
- Seeks out opportunities to strengthen organization
- Fosters innovative ideas and follows through on implementation
- Consistently goes the extra mile
- Exhibits commitment to dynamic growth